Block Manager – Hertford, SG14
Block Manager - Hertford, SG14
A fantastic opportunity for an Experienced Block Manager has just come available. Our client based in Hertford, SG14 are currently looking for a Block Manager to join their busy and growing block management department.
The purpose of the role is to Ensure Properties entrusted to you are maintained to a high standard in compliance with Landlord and Tenant legislation and RICS requirements
Duties will include but not limited to:
- Respond within 24 hours to emails and phone calls (even if only a holding response) and maintain a good flow of communication.
- Prioritise and effectively manage workload.
- Report to clients important issues in a timely fashion and maintain a good and regular rapport with clients and tenants.
- Undertake site visits as required in Management Agreement. Complete inspection report identifying actions required and upload on to tracker within 24 hours.
- Production of an accurate service charge budget within the agreed timescales. Monitor expenditure and the production of reports and only issue work orders where funds are available.
- Understand the quarterly reports issued to clients and leaseholders and answer any questions.
- Actions arising from Service Contractor reports to be implemented in a timely fashion if funds allow and if not seek client instructions. Ensure you or your Assistant load the reports on to tracker immediately, the responsibility for this lies with the Property Manager.
- Ensure all Health & Safety reports are completed within time, prior to the H&S inspection.
- Follow up issues out of Health and Safety Risk Assessments within the timescales identified and seek client instructions where required, e.g. where funds are needed. Where clients do not give consent to works of a critical nature, immediately inform CEO but if not available any line manager.
- Understand the financial importance of each management instruction to the company within your portfolio.
- Inspect at completion items of major expenditure, prior to invoice approval or seek approval from building surveyor for payment.
- Oversee day to day maintenance using approved contractors only. Ensure Section 20 Notices are issued when required.
- Authorise invoices for payment if works undertaken satisfactorily and ensure that the coding is always correct.
- Keep filing of emails up to date in the correct file.
- Send draft service charge accounts to clients and comply with the agreed process to have these finalised prior to the due date.
- Proactively deal with any emergency repairs and report to lessees individually or collectively. Where appropriate liaise with the Insurance Claim Administrator.
- Manage and support any site staff.
- Attend client meetings and AGMs including out of office hours. Prepare management reports in good time for said meetings and take minutes where required.
- Assist in preparation of Resident Handbooks, circulars and newsletters.
- Promote professional services including agency activity and Building Surveyors.
- Attendance at Tribunals and Courts when applicable.
- Any other duties as reasonably required.
The right candidate ideally will possess the following:
- Minimum of 2 years exepreince within the same job role.
- Microsoft Office
- Be concise but friendly and professional
- Work with minimum supervision, and not be afraid to take the initiative, but know the limits of your authority
- Attend evening meetings
- Drivers Licence - Candidates would also be entitled to a car parking space
- Advantage to have had exposure to the London market
- Ideally have AIRPM or MIRPM.
This Block Manager position is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate, with long term career prospects.
The hours will be:
Monday to Friday 9am – 5:30pm
Salary range will be:
between £30,000pa to £35,000pa
If this role is of interest to you and you have the necessary role requirements, please submit your most up to date CV and contact details to Nick Rickett at Roundpegs Property Recruitment today.
Due to the high volume of enquiries that we receive, we are not always able to respond to all CVs. If you have not received a response within one week, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful in this instance. Thank you for your interest in Roundpegs Recruitment. If you are already registered with Roundpegs Recruitment, please express your interest in this role to your consultant.