Facilities Management Administrator – London, W1
Facilities Management Administrator - London, W1
A successful Property Management firm with a long standing track record in the London property Market is looking for an experienced Property Administrator to join their office in London W1.
The successful Facilities Management Administrator will be dealing with Facilities Compliance Tasks, Reactive Maintenance calls and other general administration duties for Residential and Commercial Block Property Managers.
Responsibilities include but will not be limited to:
- That phone calls for the department are answered and messages are passed on to the relevant person and the relevant teams are notified of any maintenance issues being reported
- Tenant Support e-mail inbox is monitored and the maintenance calls are prioritised and allocated to the relevant team
- Facilities Records on Property Database are updated when instructed of new information is received
- Calls to the Property Management Team are actioned by instructing contractors and obtaining authorisation from Property Managers for works.
- That records of Risk Assessments and Compliance Inspections are kept up to date and new reports received are uploaded and saved
- That any contractor instructed on works has the correct accreditation by checking the Safe Contractor Portal
- That any Action points raised on Risk Assessments and Compliance Inspections are raised as outstanding jobs and the Property Managers are made aware so instruction can be given
- That on request Property Inspections are carried out including picking up post and record condition of communal areas and highlighting any hazards/concerns to the relevant Property Manager.
- On request properties are attended to record meter readings and providing utility companies with up to date meter readings
- Key log records for the department are kept accurate at all times by chasing up contractors/clients/ team members and etc. within 48 hours of non-return of the key.
- Key holding audits are carried every month ensuring that system is updated with the up to date information by archiving/deleting keys records and notes or as necessarily
- An accurate Record of Spare Keys is maintained and the issuing of additional keys/cards/fobs to tenants/leaseholders is recorded and invoices/recharges raised with accounts to tenants/leaseholders for the supply of additional keys/cards/fobs
- That on instruction from Senior Property Managers rent arrears demands and statements are sent out. That copies of Leases and associated documents from Land Registry are sourced and copies saved.
- On instruction from Senior Property Manager Section 20 notices are sent out and diarize follow ups with Stage 1, 2 & 3 notices as required
- The Out Of Hours Property Log is updated with property and maintenance contractors’ information as changes occur and send monthly updates to Out of Hours Company and maintain the record of Key Holding Facility for emergencies.
- That assistance is provided to the Property Management Team with any specific tasks as and when required.
The Successful Applicant will need to possess the following skills:
- Ideally been in a similar role for 2 years’ experience ideally in a Property Company
- Must have a good command of written and verbal English
- It is highly desirable that candidates have intermediate computer literacy.
- Have some experience of using Property Management Software packages, cross training will be provided.
- Be able to manage their own workload
- Ideal applicant will have a basic qualification with IWFM(BIFM), ARMA, IRPM or similar
- It is a busy, fast pace role so it needs a person who can multitask and stay focused, be organised, remain calm under pressure and have a good attention to detail.
The hours will be:
Monday to Friday 9am – 6pm
Salary range will be:
between £27,000pa to £30,000pa depending on experience
If this role is of interest to you and you have the necessary role requirements, please submit your most up to date CV and contact details to Nick Ricketts at Roundpegs Property Recruitment today.
Due to the high volume of enquiries that we receive, we are not always able to respond to all CVs. If you have not received a response within one week, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful in this instance. Thank you for your interest in Roundpegs Recruitment. If you are already registered with Roundpegs Recruitment, please express your interest in this role to your consultant.